Lemon and ginger drizzle cake Recipe
A classic afternoon tea loaf cake infused with Nerada Lemon and Ginger Organic Herbal Infusion for an added citrus zing. Just add your favourite cuppa for tea-time bliss.
- 150 gram butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar, plus 1/2 cup (110g) extra
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup (240g) almond meal
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 Nerada Lemon & Ginger Organic Herbal Infusion tea bag
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease a loaf pan and line the base with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, vanilla, lemon rind and 1 cup (220g) caster sugar with an electric mixer until thick and pale. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in the almond meal and flour. Spread mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, infuse the tea bag in 60ml water for 5 minutes. Stir in the extra 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar to dissolve, then add the lemon juice. Set aside and keep warm.
- Prick the surface of the cake all over with a skewer. Pour the lemon syrup over the hot cake. Allow the cake to cool in the pan.
- For the glaze, combine icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Transfer the cake to a serving plate and drizzle with the glaze.