Passionfruit Bubble Tea
This homemade bubble tea, or boba, is our take on the store-bought version that is hugely popular across Asia and ...
This homemade bubble tea, or boba, is our take on the store-bought version that is hugely popular across Asia and now gaining popularity in Australia. Made with fresh passionfruit and green tea, it contains less sugar than your average bubble tea and has the same fun jellylike texture you expect from this cult iced drink.
- Mango Passionfruit Jelly Crystals (we used Aeroplane Jelly Lite)
- 4 Nerada Organics Green Tea tea bags
- 2 tbs honey
- 8 fresh passionfruit, plus extra to serve
- Make jelly according to packet instructions. When set, use a sharp knife to cut the jelly into small cubes, or rake it with a fork to create small crystals. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Infuse the tea bags in 1L boiling water for 5 minutes, then remove tea bags. Stir through honey until dissolved. Chill until cold.
- Halve the passionfruit and scrape pulp into a fine sieve set over a bowl. Discard seeds and stir seedless passionfruit juice into green tea.
- When ready to serve, fill tall glasses with crushed ice and some of the mango passionfruit jelly. Pour over the passionfruit green tea mixture and serve with a large straw to make sure you can suck up the jelly cubes.