Serve up this mulled tea for Dry July or any other time of year when you want to sip something special that will m...
Serve up this mulled tea for Dry July or any other time of year when you want to sip something special that will make you feel good. Warming spices including cardamom, cinnamon and cloves build heat in the body while citrus fruit and honey make this mulled tea the ultimate cold weather comfort drink to sip day and night. Add slices of fresh ginger if you like more spice.
- 3 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 3 tbs honey
- 2 Nerada Black Tea Bags or 2 tsp Nerada Loose-leaf Black Tea
- Place 4 cups water in a saucepan over high medium-heat. Add spices and citrus fruit and simmer for 5 minutes to infuse. Add honey and heat until combined.
- Add tea and remove from heat. Leave to infuse for 3-4 minutes.
- Strain the tea and serve garnished with extra orange and lemon slices