Dark Chocolate Pistachio Fridge Cake
A fridge cake is a great recipe for novice bakers as you don’t actually bake it. You simply combine your ingredients ...
A fridge cake is a great recipe for novice bakers as you don’t actually bake it. You simply combine your ingredients in a bowl, then spread them in a pan and set in the fridge for a few hours like a slice. In this case we’ve combined dark chocolate with crunchy green pistachios, gingernut biscuits and a sprinkling of sea salt for a moreish treat to enjoy with a cup of black tea or a peppermint herbal infusion.
- 320g dark chocolate
- 120g salted butter, cut into 2cm cubes
- 100g golden syrup
- 180g gingernut or digestive biscuits
- 100g pistachios, chopped
- 1 tsp salt flakes (optional)
- Line the base and sides of a slice or lamington pan (27cm x 17cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt 300 chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water (taking care that the base of the bowl is not touching the water). Heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until smooth and combined.
- Meanwhile, place biscuits in a ziplock bag, press out any air and seal. Lightly pound with a rolling pin until roughly crushed.
- Add crushed biscuits and nuts (set as aside a small handful to garnish) to the melted chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Transfer to the lamington pan and chill for at least 30 minutes or until set.
- Melt the remaining 20g chocolate, then drizzle over the slab. Garnish with reserved chopped pistachios and salt flakes – if using – and leave to set for a final 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Enjoy with a cup of Nerada Black Tea