A different twist on the traditional version, these pumpkins scones are best served warm with a generous lashing of butter.
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons of castor sugar
- ½ cup of cooked mashed pumpkin
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 2 ½ cups self raising flour
- ½ cup of pepitas
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy, add pumpkin and mix well.
- Add egg and slowly mix in milk a little at a time, then add flour to create a soft dough.
- Roll out into a 2cm thick wedge, and cookie-cut into scone shapes.
- Place on lightly greased baking tray, top with pepitas and cook in hot oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and keep warm by covering with a tea towel before serving.