Earl Grey Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Did you know chocolate and tea are a match made in heaven? These rich dark chocolate truffles infused with Earl Grey Tea and sea salt make for an easy homemade Easter gift.
Makes 20 truffles
- 300ml thickened cream
- 3 Nerada Earl Grey tea bags
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 250g good-quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- Put the cream, tea bags, butter and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove the tea bags. Put the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl, pour over the hot cream mixture and stir gently until smooth and combined.
- Stir in the vanilla, then whisk until smooth and shiny. Transfer to a shallow container, cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Put the cocoa powder in a shallow dish. Using 1 tbs mixture, roll into balls and then dust each truffle in the cocoa powder. Transfer the truffles to the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or up to overnight. Keep in the fridge.